Unified Communications Engineer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Unified Communications Engineer to join its Media Technology Group (MTG). As a UC Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting MGM's Cisco UC solution and the voice network across 7 international locations. As Tier 2 support, you will be directly interfacing with users to identify, educate and implement their requests. You will also troubleshoot any network issues affecting the phones system.
• Provide Tier 2 support to business users, including but not limited to:
• Overall system administration
• Basic network troubleshooting IE. network congestion and outages
• DID creation
• Quality of Service monitoring and troubleshooting
• Management of SLAs and KPIs for overall service
• Troubleshoot and support the Cisco Call Manager and network infrastructure -- Cisco/Juniper
• Interface with customers to gather requirements, execute requests and provide training
• In conjunction with an external vendor, design & deploy new Unified Communications/Collaboration infrastructure
• Monitor the installation of the hardware; install and configure the software, including Cisco Unified Communications and related software
• Create Service Standards in design, documentation, configuration and implementation
• Communicate regularly with the Service Delivery Manager on client satisfaction and review client initiatives
• Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience with Cisco hardware (routers, switches, gateways (H.323, MGCP, SIP); Communications Manager, Unity Connection, applications as well as experience with Contact/Call Center quality monitoring applications (Nice, Calabrio, Cisco AQM, etc.
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience with Presence/Jabber, Unified Contact Center Express, Video Conferencing and Streaming, Video & Telepresence
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience troubleshooting and configuring network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, routing, switching, load-balancing, monitoring
• Knowledge of network protocols including OSPF, BGP, QOS, DNS, DHCP, SIP, RTP.
• Must have excellent communication, documentation, and customer facing skills
• Must have the ability to analyze existing and anticipated client requirements and promote consideration of companies' solutions and services to meet the client's requirements
• Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate with other team members
• Integrate WebEx Teams with Slack and other teleconferencing solutions (Zoom)
• Experience with O365 and Active Directory required for integration
• A strong desire to learn other technologies and skills
• Ability to provide training to customers
• A proven track record of high quality solution implementations
• Cisco level certifications (CCNA Collaboration, Route-Switch/CCNP preferred)
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.