Technical Product Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
At EPIX, we dream, design and develop the media world we want to live in - then, we make it a reality for all of our users, no matter what platform they're watching us on.
Being part of the Digital team at EPIX means:
• You're cool with working on lots of awesome things, often at the same time
• You like perfect, but you operate in Agile so you respect the build/iterate/optimize approach
• You're willing to fail in order to innovate
• You thrive in a world where micromanagement isn't a thing
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
As the Technical Product Manager, you will drive initiatives to bring the EPIX product vision to life across a wide array of streaming platforms and devices. With the support of product owners, you will manage the roadmap and drive the cross-functional collaboration with a wide range of teams including design, development, QA and project management.
Partnering with stakeholders, you will help architect solutions, conduct market research, and contribute to the strategic planning of EPIX's digital business, focusing on helping the team break down work to achieve big picture goals. You'll play a critical role in bringing new initiatives and experiences to market by assessing risk, helping to architect solutions between all working groups and alleviating blockers for the team through close communication with project management.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment, loves to take ownership of work at both a strategic and execution level, and can collaborate with team members across time zones.
• Build solutions with an in-house development team comprising front-end applications and backend services for a widely distributed streaming application.
• Champion the decision-making process, working with the engineering team and feedback from EPIX customers to continuously build a best-in-class platform for our subscribers, with a strong focus on driving subscription and retention.
• Author product requirements and break down into clear user stories for development acceptance.
• Plan and organize a well-defined backlog across several teams.
• Draft wireframes and rough prototypes early in the planning process to help visualize the MVP approach with working teams.
• Facilitate planning with stakeholders, conduct business analysis and partner closely with development teams to deliver MVPs that grow our subscriber base and increase its lifetime value.
• Champion product quality, partnering with team members to ensure solutions are well supported and adhere to standards across all of EPIX digital products
• Work with vendors to tightly integrate them into our product development lifecycle
• Help design A/B tests to improve the product and customer engagement
• Participate in strategic planning with technical and operational management
• Identify, track, and remove impediments to product success using KPIs, data and user testing
• Review product requests and participate in the green-light process
• Bachelor's Degree and/or 2 years relevant technical/product experience
• Working knowledge of product management software (Jira, Confluence) to effectively manage product deliverables
• Good understanding of software development processes, APIs, SDK integrations
• Highly creative and technical thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems using analytical thinking
• An interest and demonstrated ability with coding and solving technical challenges
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
• Demonstrated success at handling multiple competing priorities
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic team environment
• High attention to detail
• Ability to communicate with effort to get work across the finish line
MGM prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19( subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law).
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on-demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including ?Godfather of Harlem, ?starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred and drama? Chapelwaite, ?based on the short story?Jerusalem's Lot? by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; as well as upcoming premieres of western adventure series Billy the Kid; Sci-Fi horror series From produced by Midnight Radio and AGBO; season two of dramedy Bridge and Tunnel ?written and directed by Ed Burns; season two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series? Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries ?Laurel Canyon; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; season two of? War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Daisy Edgar-Jones; sweeping historical drama Domina; docuseries? NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; ?Belgravia, ?from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from? Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth,? executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved?featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to?www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.