Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Tax Accountant to assist our Corporate Tax Department. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, handle a wide variety of tasks, be systems-savvy, and have excellent communication skills.
• Assist with the preparation and filing of federal and state income tax returns (i.e., gather information, prepare state apportionment workpapers, etc.)
• Assist with the preparation and filing of other return filings (i.e., property tax, sales and use tax, FBAR, U.S. withholding tax on payments made to foreign persons, etc.)
• Assist with federal, foreign and state tax audits (i.e. gathering information to respond to information document requests, etc.)
• Assist with quarterly and annual tax provisions (i.e., preparing work papers for various book to tax differences, etc.)
• Assist with the preparation and filing of federal and state quarterly estimated payment filings (i.e., corporation, partnership and LLCs).
• Maintain the tax calendar for tracking due dates of tax filings
• Research tax notices and other inquiries from various state and federal tax agencies
• Communicate with various state and federal agencies in response to notices, inquiries, and other requests
• Assist with various projects
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years corporate tax experience; public accounting experience preferred but not required
• Proficient using Excel and Word
• Must be a highly motivated individual with strong analytical/communication skills and the ability to handle a large volume of deadlines with a high degree of autonomy
• CPA license preferred but not required
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.