Summer Paid Intern - Creative Services
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinking to make sure we're providing the best TV and the best consumer experience for our subscribers. The EPIX Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to work in a progressive, fast paced, and professional media environment in support of their educational and career goals. Providing our interns with the tools needed to achieve this goal is our main objective. We take great pride in providing our interns with a best-in-class internship experience. We look for students who are just as passionate about TV and the media industry as we are, and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
Overview of the Role:
We are seeking an energetic, creative and detail-oriented intern to join our Creative Services team. In this role, you will have exposure to the daily operations of the editorial and digital team.
What You'll Do:
• Assist in building and programming pages for all the content EPIX has to offer to its subscribers. This may include digital asset aggregation, creation and management, as well as support editorial efforts in regard to brand voice, including copy writing descriptions and synopses for movies
• Collaborate with broader digital team on stunts to support content premieres and promotions, including preparing digital assets
• Using our homegrown schema, create original metadata for movies, originals, series, and episodes
• Assist in the capture of key workflows, processes and documentation for the team to ensure shared knowledge of CMS tools and features
Who We're Looking For:
• Major in Computer Science, focus on Product/Project Management, English, Communications, Marketing, Graphic/Visual Design
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
• History of leadership roles (extracurricular or academic), interest in media or desire to work in media
• Experience working with Adobe After Effects
• Experience leveraging videos to create animated GIFs
• Experience with content management systems or similar dashboards
• Excellent organization, research, and communication skills
• A passion for film and television
• Can-do attitude and dynamic personality
• Problem solver and able to effectively juggle multiple to-dos at a single time
About the Program:
• Eligible students must be rising juniors/seniors enrolled in an accredited degree granting university or college -- 2021 or 2022 graduates or graduate student
• Students must be able to work in New York City and secure their own housing accommodations (EPIX will not cover the cost of housing).
• The paid internship program will start in June and last approximately 10 weeks. You can expect to work 3.5 days a week (Monday through Thursday) for the duration of the summer.
Due to the high volume of applicants, an EPIX HR representative will contact you directly, should there be an interest in your candidacy.
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.