Sr. Vice President, Production Finance
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Vice President, TV Production Finance, who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Scripted TV Division, providing financial oversight throughout the lifecycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex episodic/long-form content. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of episodic production (both foreign and domestic), managing production incentives, and management of accounting teams in the field.
• Source and hire location production accounting teams for all scripted projects
• Manage the production funding processes, including multi-currencies, on episodics from end to end
• Manage Co-Fi payments where applicable
• Reconcile all funding and production incentives between production and corporate
• Reviews SAP activity and liaise with project accountants to ensure all Studio billbacks have been incorporated with show costs
• Prepare initial budget drafts and cost summaries
• Review work-in-progress/final budgets, and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the Production Executives
• Oversee preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Oversee and handle all tax filings during the development process
• Handle/supervise development payments
• Manage the show setup including accounting system, bank accounts, etc.
• Manage compliance for: established production finance policy and procedures
• Oversee the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Assist Corporate Finance team in the preparation of forecasting and reporting obligations
• Update policies and procedures based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in location environment(s)
• Ensure that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• 10 years of production accounting experience in Television and/or Feature Film production, with 5 years in a supervisory capacity or equivalent
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, etc.) Production Accounting Software (PSL, Global Vista, Smart Accounting) and Movie Magic Budgeting
• SAP knowledge/skills a plus
• Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability are critical
• Must be flexible and a team player
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Willingness to travel to project locations for budget, cost report review
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.