Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a talented Front End Software Developer to join our collaborative team. The Software Developer will be responsible for creation and implementation of new features, as well as enhancement and maintenance of current platform.
• Architect and develop consumer and internally facing HTML-based products and features
• Plan, estimate and prioritize work within multiple sprints
• Collaborate with Design and Product teams on project specs
• Produce responsive HTML, CSS and JS code which support multiple devices
• Work with frameworks and libraries such as React, Redux and Webpack
• Evolve any legacy code and iterate quickly, with an eye on reusability
• Commit code in GIT and review with other team members on full implementation
• Web Browser Compatibility Testing on multiple devices
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• React skills a must, Drupal skills a plus.
• Excellent HTML and CSS skills. Solid understanding of Web Standards is a must
• Ability to make reusable and fast CSS (Styled Components)
• Typescript, RxJS (Observables) & Gatsby a plus
• Version Control (GIT)
• Basic Python, Ruby or PHP scripting (loops, if statements)
• Excellent communicator and collaborator who operates with a high degree of integrity
• Believes in building high quality products for its entire life cycle
• Team player who will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, and scaling environment
• Strong personality when under pressure, and must be comfortable being the voice of dissent
• Creative problem solver who makes concise and informed decisions
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects from inception to production release
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docu-series Slow Burn based on the hit podcast, docu-series NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen and Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; two-part music docu-series Laurel Canyon; and six-part docu-series Helter Skelter, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.