Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Software Developer who will be responsible for enhancement and maintenance of our current platform as well as for creation and implementation of new features.
• Architect and develop consumer and internally facing HTML-based products and features
• Plan, estimate and prioritize work within multiple sprints
• Collaborate with Design and Product teams on project specs
• Produce responsive HTML, CSS and JS code which support multiple devices
• Work with frameworks and libraries such as React, Redux and Webpack
• Evolve any legacy code and iterate quickly, with an eye on reusability
• Commit code in Git and review with other team members on full implementation
• Web Browser Compatibility Testing on multiple devices
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 3 years of experience working in responsive front-end development
• Excellent HTML and CSS skills. Solid understanding of Web Standards is a must
• Proven good judgement when it comes to implementing design
• Ability to make reusable and fast CSS (Styled Components)
• Typescript, RxJS (Observables) & Gatsby a plus
• Version Control (Git)
• Basic Python, Ruby or PHP scripting (loops, if statements)
• Excellent communicator and collaborator who conducts him/herself with a high degree of integrity
• Believes in building high quality products for its entire life cycle
• Team player that will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, and scaling environment
• Strong personality when under pressure, and must be comfortable being the voice of dissent
• Highly motivated self-starter who values accountability
• Creative problem solver who makes concise and informed decisions
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects from inception to production release
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.