Senior Vice President - Production Finance
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2021 1:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Senior Vice President - Production Finance jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Senior Vice President - Production Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Vice President - Production Finance?
Full Time Job
Senior Vice President - Production Finance, Motion Picture Group
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Vice President of Production Finance in Physical Production for the Motion Picture Group.
• Assist in facilitating all financial and operational aspects of the MGM Feature Entertainment production finance function.
• Partner with other MGM Feature Entertainment finance teams.
• Partner with MGM Feature Entertainment Production and Creative operating teams supporting and at times driving key decision-making initiatives.
• Work with Legal and Business Affairs, HR, Production Operations, Labor Relations, and Financial Departments to effectively manage the financial operations, including cash flow projections and cost reporting for assigned productions.
• Supervise production accountants and production accounting assistants, coordinate show budgeting process with accountants, and production accounting process from prep until turnover to the production wrap accounting.
• Oversee the set-up of the show accounting systems and integration of the external production software packages.
• Direct production accounting in the implementation of uniform reporting requirements, standard accounting procedures, and oversee daily/weekly show cost reporting.
• Coordinate and implement tax, labor, and sourcing policies and objectives.
• Supervise production cash flow and support the weekly and quarterly corporate financial accounting and corporate cash management processes.
• Implement and ensure uniform budget policies.
• Act as the liaison between production executive, show accountants, show producer/UPM, and corporate finance.
• Ensure that all MGM Feature Entertainment policies and procedures are uniformly implemented and that payroll is in accordance with the standards established by MGM Feature Entertainment and in compliance with collective bargaining agreements and state and local regulations.
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum 5 years experience as First Assistant Production Accountant (or higher) or in relevant studio film accounting positions
• Cooperative, supportive, and positive team-oriented approach
• Proficiency in Movie Magic budgeting, PSL, Vista, and Ease
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, other database programs)
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through skills are of the highest importance
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and expertly problem solve
• Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.