Senior Vice President, Physical Production
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an experienced Senior Vice President of Physical Production to manage the day-to-day operations in its Scripted Television division. The successful candidate will be proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities. Both on-set and field experience are required.
• Manage Showrunners, EP's and Line Producers to help prepare and vet show budgets and schedules while providing feedback on viability and risks
• Work closely with the creative team, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties to deliver the creative vision of the TV Production within budget
• Oversee internal and external teams to lock budget
• Ensure productions run smoothly, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
• Inform and draft production schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Post) and external production team to lock schedule
• Lead in-house studio production team to ensure workflow tasks are completed and production issues are communicated to production/studio/network
• Troubleshoot and communicate all production changes to internal and external teams
• Direct and approve hiring of key production team by Producers
• BA/BS degree
• 7 years of experience in a key role in Physical Production in Scripted Television
• Ability to build a series budget from the ground up
• A complete understanding of the scripted television production process and proven expertise in previous roles
• Relationships with the various entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE
• Production experience on foreign locations required
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Mail
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.