Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Solutions Architect to join its Media Technology Group (MTG). You will focus on the media supply chain beginning with content creation/purchasing, ingestion, transcoding, quality assurance, quality control, catalog management, and ultimately distribution to our customers. The ideal candidate will have extensive Media and Entertainment experience, specifically with post production and OTT. Previous knowledge and experience with integrating multiple disparate systems into a unified framework leveraging leading-edge technology is strongly preferred.
• Architect and drive the creation of a digital supply chain
• As a key member of the Cloud Services and Engineering team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software, and services to the AWS platform
• Work closely and collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and development teams on product design to ensure successful platform launches
• Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the cloud-based solutions architect community, especially in regards to event-driven architecture, containerization, and serverless technology
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support
• 6 years design/implementation/deployment experience Media and Entertainment solutions
• 6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Media and Entertainment architecture, design, or development
• Deployment and operations of workloads on AWS/Azure
• Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Have built scalable SaaS platforms utilizing microservices and distributed systems architecture
• Applied principles of site reliability engineering for monitoring and alerting of applications
• Experience integrating with rights and contract management systems (Filmtrack, Rightsline)
• Experience with distribution technology (Aspera/Signiant)
• Experience with media asset management systems (Dalet, Vidispine, ReachEngine)
• Experience with CRM integration (Salesforce)
• Experience in VOD, AVOD, SVOD, OTT, EST, and linear television
• Experience working with content encoding and transcoding
• Experience with video codecs and compression
• Experience with digital rights management (Widevine, Fairplay, Playready)
• Experience with Content Delivery Networks
• Experience with product development (Cprime)
• Exposure to the Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence)
• Background in development and/or systems architecture preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.