Senior SAP Ecc Abap Developer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios IncCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Sr. SAP ECC ABAP Developer who will support the SAP ECC system that includes functionality across modules such as FI, SPL, MM, SD, and Vistex. Additionally, the successful candidate will support an integrated landscape that is part of the overall SAP ecosystem including SAP CRM-IPM and MGM's BI Reporting environment.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with IT colleagues, business users and external partners to determine business requirements and translate those requirements into viable technical solutions in both support and project delivery roles. This person will need to possess strong system, technical, and functional skills, and must be aware of business processes in the Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry.
• Design, develop, test and support the SAP ECC solutions.
• Participate in assessment, migration and implementation of SAP HANA and UI5/Fiori apps.
• Troubleshoot and resolve integration issues between SAP ECC, SAP CRM-IPM, Data Warehouse and other systems.
• Work with the MGM user and technical communities to define business requirements and map them into system requirements and resolve issues as needed.
• Recognize impacts of changes and ensure appropriate due diligence is performed before making changes.
• Conduct thorough testing before implementing to ensure quality and avoid rework.
• Design/develop based on development standards and approaches.
• Evaluate alternative designs, make appropriate recommendation, and document design solutions.
• Recommend additional system uses to resolve operational problems and identify areas for improvement.
• Participate in support-related activities such system monitoring, maintenance, disaster recovery, etc.
• Participate in strategic analysis and prototyping initiatives to prepare for utilization of new technology/functionality.
• Contribute towards efforts such as project planning, authoring RFPs, vendor selection, etc.
• 8 years developing SAP solutions, of which, at least 6 years developing in SAP ECC.
• Solid ABAP development experience, debugging skills, code performance tuning, and general troubleshooting skills.
• Development experience using the following technical tools/objects: ABAP, Web Dynpro, NetWeaver Development Infrastructure, RESTful Webservices, Middleware, Smartforms, User Exits, Business Add-ins, Enhancement Spots, IDOC's, LSMW, BDC's, BAPI's, RFC's, ALE, Class and methods, etc. is a must.
• Knowledge of and experience implementing latest SAP offerings and technologies such as UI5/FIORI.
• Experience migrating to SAP HANA ecosystem, with expertise developing robust solutions that utilize the in-memory capabilities. Experience with S/4HANA capabilities, including but not limited to BTP.
• Development experience in SAP ECC 6 components FI, MM, SD, Vistex, and Classic SPL with splitter.
• Experience in multiple full lifecycle (FLC) implementations, support projects and upgrade projects including SPAU and SPDD analysis.
• Proficiency in various system development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies showcasing efforts such as planning, systems analysis, design, development, testing, training and documentation.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in the following fields- MIS, Computer Science or Engineering.
• SAP trained and/or certified.
• Integration between SAP ECC and Vistex is highly desired.
• Integration between SAP ECC and SAP CRM with exposure to the ECC Accrual Engine is highly desired.
• Experience in the New General Ledger environment a plus.
• Good understanding of the overall SAP technical environment, including BASIS components, Security, Databases, Transport Management, etc.
• M&E industry experience highly desirable, specifically with Television or Digital Distribution.
• Experience working with teams of various sizes on projects with varying scopes, preferably in both consulting and end-client capacities.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, relying on Agile methodologies.
• SAP trained and/or certified.
• Master's degree a plus.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.