Senior Product Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Product Manager who will be responsible for defining and managing Media Asset Management and Media Supply Chain products at MGM. We are looking for an experienced product manager with solid technical skills and a good understanding of studio business and content lifecycle. The candidate will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. The candidate must possess strong communication skills and analytical skills to effectively work with the business users to determine the roadmap of the products. The candidate must also excel in a team environment along with having the ability to independently lead and guide business analysts, business users, and the development team to develop and evolve the product and achieve departmental and company goals.
• Manage product lifecycle
• Manage product lifecycle from conception to launch
• Define product roadmap
• Drive backlog creation and manage backlog priorities and product feature releases
• Oversee product development and release lifecycle
• Launch new products and features, test product functions and performance, and iterate quickly
• Ensure on time delivery of new product and/or features
• Understand solution options and technology capabilities
• Work with solution architect and development team to define the right technology solution
• Manage external vendors on product development and support
• Work as a strategic partner of the business
• Be the liaison between business and technology
• Keep alignment with business groups on strategic vision and business priorities
• Educate business users to understand how to improve business efficiency and enable new business models with technology
• Drive innovations
• Lead a team of business analysts
• Provide guidance and directions to business analysts
• Provide training to business analysts on technology, product, leading practice and methodology
• Lead business meetings and interviews. Proactively communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders. Understand business process, issues, use cases, requirements, product functions, system integrations and data flow in depth.
• Create functional & non-functional requirements, user stories, as-is and to-be process flows, screen and interface designs, data flow diagrams, reporting and data requirements and data mapping documents.
• Drive innovations and efficiency by implementing new business process through technology solutions. Define business rules, wireframes and system functions.
• Work closely with architect and developers to translate business requirements into technology design and solution.
• Work with product manager to lead sprint planning and other project activities required by Agile software development methodology
• Design, Testing, and Training
• Work closely with the business community and testing team to define and execute system testing. Lead user acceptance testing of applications to ensure the quality of the delivered requirements and overall health of the system
• Manage change management and training. Create user manuals and training documents. Conduct user trainings and drive smooth and efficient implementation of changes.
• Production Support
• Support business users on system configuration, admin, and other business activities
• Identify system issues. Trouble shoot and analyze potential solutions including workaround.
• Work with business users to document, manage and prioritize bug fixings and enhancements
• Drive product development and release lifecycle. Work with architect and developers to test and release new system functions to ensure on time delivery of new product and features.
• Support audit requirements and activities
• Minimum of 6 years' experience as business analyst, system analyst, or product manager with 3 years' experience as product manager
• Minimum of 3 years' experience supporting MAM or Media supply chain products
• Understanding of entertainment industry and content lifecycle
• Strong understanding of MAM, distribution systems, media content processing and video workflows
• Understanding of workflows needed for OTT providers and MVPD's
• Past experience with 3rd party MAM/Content Processing products (Dalet, Vidispine, Ownzones, ReachEngine Levels Beyond, Evertz, etc).
• Strong business analysis skills. Proficient in leading user interviews, requirements gathering, creating, maintaining and supporting all application development artifacts including user stories, process flows, screen mockups, data diagrams, business rule definitions, design documents and reporting scripts
• Proven success of driving product development from conception to launch
• Strong leadership skills. Being able to lead business analysts and drive development team to deliver on time.
• Familiar with SDLC (software development life cycle)
• Understanding of bothe Stage Gate Product Development methodology and Agile methodology. Familiar with Agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
• Strong analytical and system architecture/design skills, and problem-solving skills with a track record of seeing tasks through to successful completion
• Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Comfort working in a technical environment and able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines and projects while keeping peers, partners and supervisor abreast of activities
• Self-motivated, accountable, highly organized and have the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Media & Entertainment industry experience required
• Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or engineering preferred
• MBA degree preferred
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.