Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/22/2021 2:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Manager jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager? Senior Manager, Database and SAP Basis
MGM Studios is seeking a Senior Database and SAP BASIS Manager to join the Media Technology Group to manage a portfolio of applications and resources focusing on databases and system administration on AWS cloud architecture. The ideal candidate will play an integral role in connecting the DBA and SAP BASIS teams with key stakeholders while providing leadership and partnership in the delivery of key projects, system design, and daily production tasks. Superior leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, and technical aptitude are required. This position will partner with resources across various groups, including Security, Data Analytics, Cloud Engineering and Application Development to provide an effective, secure ecosystem that operates with a high degree of performance and uptime.
Ideally, the Senior Database and SAP BASIS Manager will have experience with transforming an on-premise eco-system to a cloud-based environment. In addition, strong IT Infrastructure technical background with an in-depth understanding of operating systems, storage solutions, data security, system architecture, data modeling, hardware procurement/provisioning, etc., and a deep technical skillset in administering, designing, and building databases and the SAP application are crucial.
• Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to the DBA and SAP BASIS teams to deliver 24/7 support, resolving issues, optimizing services and ensuring the high availability and performance of critical business systems, including SAP
• Develop strategic goals (e.g., migrating to cloud and SAP HANA) and standards for cloud (AWS) enterprise eco-systems in cooperation with department managers and key stakeholders
• Work with business units and application development teams to understand application requirements and guide the teams in the development of secure, scalable, and high-performance eco-systems on AWS
• Provide oversight of resolution to performance problems in production, development, and quality assurance cycles
• Keen insight into IT process improvement - Dev/Ops with a focused pursuit of automation within the SDLC and a strong sense of consistency throughout development and production environments
• Hands-on analysis and resolution of issues in real time and providing end-to-end problem resolution
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
• Establish security processes within the teams in support of the company's security practices
• Establish and support change management process
• Develop capacity-planning processes to monitor and forecast database resource utilization
• Ensure compliance requirements are adhered to and assist with internal/external audit activities.
• Project management of the group's initiatives, including upgrades, patches, day-to-day maintenance, etc
• Manage initiatives from concept to completion, including the development/presentation of a business case
• Apply critical thinking to generate new thoughts and opportunities
• Informed on industry standards and practices, and a forward thinker on new and innovative approaches
• Ability to socialize and manage a portfolio of projects in support of strategic, tactical and operational objectives
• Manage operational and technical components of initiatives
• Participate in contract negotiations
• Participate in the annual budgeting processes
• Manage/oversee internal and contract resources
• Produce talent on their team and across the organization
• Provide leadership and guidance to external vendors
• Work through vendor contract management issues
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
• Preferred 12 years of relevant work experience including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross functional efforts:
• 5 years of leadership experience
• 8 years of hands-on DB and SAP BASIS administration
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in database management, SDLC, Dev/Ops and cloud services
• Strong working knowledge of SAP (including ECC, CRM, Vistex, industry-specific modules such as IPM/IS-Media, HANA DB, S/4 HANA, FIORI, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of the AWS ecosystem and experience running production systems on a global level on AWS
• Consistently demonstrated growth in skills and leadership
• Ability to communicate with various levels (including C-level executives) within IT and the Business groups
• Ability to manage multiple priorities well and to support outside of normal business hours
• Oracle database administration 12c and 19c, including in-depth knowledge of Oracle based SAP file system
• MS SQL Server administration 2014, 2016 and 2017 and Microsoft technical stack, including SSIS/SSRS
• Sybase ASE 16.0 administration and Snowflake administration
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS (using EC2, S3, Glacier, EBS, Elastic Search, etc.)
• AWS RDS such as PostgreSQL, MS SQL, and MySQL
• Engaged in Data Migration from one database to another e.g. Sybase to Oracle, Oracle to SQL Server
• Performance tuning across all platforms and understanding of join techniques such as HASH, NESTED LOOPS etc., and the use of Oracle Hints
• Hands-on with SQL*Plus, Shell scripting (KSH, BASH, etc.), Linux administration
• Experience with various backup/restore methods and tools such as AWS AMI, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), etc.
• Experience using Imperva and other security and monitoring tools such as Dynatrace
• Experience with integration /ETL tools such as Informatica (BCI NetWeaver/listeners), Workato, Mulesoft, etc.
• Familiarity with business applications such as SAP, Oracle Hyperion (Essbase), Salesforce, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
• Knowledge on Networks, Firewalls, Virtual Private Cloud Peering, etc.
• Experience with terabyte databases and strong query and database tuning skills
• Knowledge of DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization)
• Good knowledge of Windows/Linux OS administration, VMware virtualization, NAS/SAN storage, failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
• In-depth knowledge of SAP architecture across the NetWeaver platform
• Architect and implement day-to-day SAP basis administration activities in a complex multi-tier SAP landscape
• Knowledge/experience with HANA database and migration, with working experience of applications such as ECC, CRM, IPM/IS-Media, Vistex, Solution Manager, Fiori, BW, S4 and C4/HANA, etc.
• Experience working with SAP installations, upgrades (SAP version, EHP, SPS, Kernel, SUM), maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting of issues, system refreshes/copies, and tuning and optimization
• Experience working with security, middleware, integration and web technologies for SAP solutions
• Experience working with change management tools such as RealTech Transport manager and security/access control tools such as CyberSafe
• Experience in setting up SSO, SAML/https implementation, and SICF/SICF_SESSIONS services activation.
• Experience with NetWeaver gateway, SAP FIORI, OData services, service-based API's (e.g. SOAP, Rest), etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Client stakeholder management
• Ability to effectively work in team environment with multiple skill set levels
• Ability to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues, including the ability to facilitate decision making by clearly representing complex technical subjects
• Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently
#sbj This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.