Senior Manager, Social Media
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Manager, Social Media who will be responsible for social media strategy and implementation and requires agility and enthusiasm for driving brand awareness and consumer adoption on a variety of platforms.
• Develop strategy and tactics to support linear and streaming content, particularly original series
• Concept, manage and execute a 30-day social media editorial content calendar with the goal of creating an exciting and valuable content experience for our community across multiple platforms
• Manage, monitor and execute social media campaigns and day-to-day activities on branded social media profiles and on-site communities, including copy, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
• Support tent pole campaigns and premieres with live social media coverage and content aimed at deepening our customers viewing experience
• Manage social media creative asset development including images, videos, GIFs, etc. working closely with Graphic Designer and Senior Producer.
• Support paid digital media campaigns by managing and trafficking assets for all social platforms, including YouTube
• Work with research team and outside agencies to track, analyze, optimize and report on social media programs to help meet objectives and produce weekly, monthly and campaign social media reports for senior management team
• Generate dynamic conversation and maintain on-going dialogue with social media followers
• Identify and communicate with key influencers; develop outreach programs for ongoing and consistent communication
• Work with PR team to provide talent with curated social content best practices to extend reach and generate engagement as part of social media campaigns for original series
• Research and identify new and appropriate social media vendors
• Monitor and recommend trends in new social media tools, sites, apps for potential inclusion in our digital mix
• Manage agency or freelancers/consultants as needed
• Explore and report on new & emerging platforms for future consideration
• Monitor trends in social media; appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the effectiveness of EPIX social media efforts
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 4 - 6 years' experience in social media management and digital marketing
• Public relations, marketing, sales, film/TV/streaming service industry experience, a plus
• Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or related field
• A strong understanding of and passion for the entertainment industry and celebrity culture
• Participation, in-depth familiarity and comfort with utilizing popular, niche and emerging social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
• Passionate, energetic and team oriented with strong analytical, interpersonal, creative and leadership skills
• Must work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment and in a group setting
• Extremely motivated and organized with ability to self-start, learn fast and multi-task
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and effectively build and maintain solid relationships internally and with current/potential partners
• Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media/digital trends, innovations and best practices
• Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation, project management and organizational skills
• Good overall technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
• Experience with photo editing software such as Photoshop, including basic design capabilities for social media
• Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Crimson Hexagon, ListenFirst, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
• Must remain poised, calm, and confident at all times, be proactive and perform well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.