Senior Financial Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/7/2021 3:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst?
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting and FP&A
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting FP&A, who will be an embedded financial operations partner and will be responsible for departmental financial planning & analysis, as well as, facilitating actuals reporting to support management. This role will help support a business operation team that requires a high degree of teamwork and partnership, to proactively manage departmental business forecasts, evolving business strategies and to meet the evolving demands of a fast-paced growing company. EPIX has a highly collaborative environment making effective communication essential. This role will work closely with the Vice President of FP&A, the CFO as well as other senior leaders within the organization. Additionally, the role is responsible for helping to facilitate the monthly accounting close and related reporting. The role will also assist in maintaining an appropriate internal controls posture and support other ad hoc financial requests, as well as, supporting reporting and analysis for MGM corporate.
• Work with a departmental operating team to own and facilitate departmental budget/forecasts, variance analysis, as well as, other operational analysis as required. Must work cross functionally with other finance personnel to ensure the company's forecasts are complete and accurate.
• Heavily involved in quarterly forecasting & annual budget preparation
• Contribute to the month end close by recording journal entries, performing P&L & Cash variance analysis, reconciling accounts & systems, and preparing deliverables to support timely financial reporting
• Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and general ledger / trial balance analysis
• Prepare other supporting accruals as appropriate (music rights, residuals, etc.)
• Assist with cash flow management / planning and review of operational invoices
• Assist finance team with change management, process enhancements and system implementations
• Assist in preparing operational and budget presentations
• Provide audit and tax filing support, as appropriate
• Assist with ad hoc management requests and general departmental support
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant work experience
• CPA (or equivalent) a plus
• Strong excel skills required
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to work and communicate with people at different levels within organization
• Demonstrate the ability to perform effective workload prioritization and management
• Ability to be a self-starter, take initiative and follow through while working independently
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus
• Experience in SAP and Essbase a plus
EPIX ® , an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; ; season two of War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; dramedy Bridge and Tunnel, written and directed by Ed Burns; seasons one and two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.