Senior Financial Analyst, TV Finance
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios IncBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Television Finance group. Focusing on television series, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in all planning activities related to MGM's television productions. Responsibilities will include assisting in the preparation of quarterly reforecasts and the long-range plan, coordinating with supervisor on updating and maintaining financial models for all TV series and performing any analysis required to support the TV business.
• Support the development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans for TV content
• Develop and maintain TV ultimate models
• Analyze monthly actuals and prepare variance explanations versus budget and forecasts
• Proactively monitor performance indicators to highlight risks and opportunities
• Work closely with key stakeholders in TV Distribution, Home Entertainment, Accounting, Development, Production, Corporate, and Business Affairs to gather and understand key assumptions for forecasts and TV ultimates
• Liaise with post production team to update TV production delivery schedules and slates
• Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports in Excel and PowerPoint
• Maintain quarterly forecasts and long-range plans in Essbase and ensure accurate and timely submission to Corporate
• Track and review licensing, co-financing, and development contracts
• Assist in ad hoc financial analyses and special projects including sensitivity analyses to support new and existing business initiatives
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
• 2 years of financial planning/accounting experience
• Prior financial planning and analysis experience required
• Excellent skills in Excel required
• Entertainment industry experience preferred, prior experience maintaining TV ultimates a plus
• Working knowledge of Essbase and SAP a plus
• Must be well organized, precise, and detail-oriented
• Critical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.