Senior Financial Analyst- TV Distribution
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support our TV Distribution team. This individual will be working in a growing and fast-paced environment so the understanding of entertainment accounting, content distribution and international markets a plus.
• Perform analysis and provide insights for a range of Financial Planning deliverables to Senior Management, including:
• Monthly Operating Reviews
• Quarterly forecasts
• Budget and Long Range Plan
• Develop a deep understanding of television output deals. Review, analyze and track these deals on a monthly basis
• Work cross-functionally with the Sales Distribution and Sales Operations teams to gather inputs and understand risks and opportunities to accurately forecast revenues
• Update and maintain TV series ultimates
• Reconcile financial results, identifying key drivers of performance and timing variances in the forecast
• Load actuals and projections in television database. Review accounting month end actuals to ensure accuracy
• Work cross functionally with the Film Acquisitions team in developing their 5 year plan and quarterly reforecasts while also providing deal and variance analysis support
• Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a finance/accounting position
• Prior experience in TV and Film industry preferred
• Must possess advanced level MS Excel skills and be proficient with accounting/financial software; knowledge of SAP and Essbase preferred
• Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
• High energy level; strong work ethic
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.