Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Counsel who will be responsible for providing business and legal affairs support to several business groups at EPIX, with a focus on content distribution and business development.
• Assist with the drafting and negotiation of traditional and digital distribution deals, including cable, satellite, telco, vMVPD, SVOD, and over-the-top agreements
• Assist with the interpretation, synthesis and management of rights and obligations under distribution deals (e.g. content requirements, MFNs, etc.) and advise internal stakeholders accordingly
• Negotiate and draft agreements for marketing and advertising campaigns; review and provide clearance support for EPIX marketing materials, for both on-air and off-air use
• Assist in managing rights across acquired and original programming
• Assist in drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice and propose practical solutions based on balancing legal analysis and business objectives
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
• J.D. degree, admitted in New York or California
• 5 years of experience at a law firm handling entertainment matters and/or business/legal affairs position at a network, studio or entertainment company (specific in-house experience in television is preferred)
• Relevant experience and familiarity with the television, film and digital media industries
• Excellent negotiating, drafting, and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with business executives, collaborate with various stakeholders and build consensus across teams
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; two-part music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries Slow Burn based on the hit podcast, docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey and six-part docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; epic fantasy drama series Britannia and music docuseries By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.