Senior Counsel, Theatrical Business and Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an experienced Senior Counsel to join the Theatrical Business and Legal Affairs team to negotiate and draft a variety of development and production agreements.
• Structure, negotiate, and draft a variety of development and production agreements, including option and rights acquisition agreements, writer, producer, director and actor agreements, distribution, and finance agreements
• Interface on a day-to-day basis with various internal groups and production personnel on the legal issues on films, including union and guild matters, clearances, credits, and insurance requirements
• Analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on a wide range of legal areas
• Research, summarize, and advise on various legal issues that arise during development and production
• JD degree from top tier law school
• Admission to the California State Bar
• 3 years prior experience at a law firm and / or major media entertainment company
• 3 years of drafting and negotiating of development and / or production legal affairs matters at a studio or production company
• Strong legal acumen with the ability to demonstrate sound judgment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent ability to evaluate issues and propose/implement solutions
• Ability to work quickly and independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.