Manager, Subscriber Engagement
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
At EPIX, we dream, design and develop the media world we want to live in - then, we make it a reality for all of our users, no matter what platform they're watching us on.
Being part of the team at EPIX means:
• You're cool with working on lots of awesome things, often at the same time
• You like perfect, but you operate in Agile so you respect the build/iterate/optimize approach
• You're willing to fail in order to innovate
• You thrive in a world where micromanagement isn't a thing
• You're as big a fan of movies and TV as we are, but have an even greater obsession with working on a team filled with smart, fun, opinionated people united in building solutions for whatever comes our way
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
As the Subscriber Engagement Manager you are responsible for ensuring the successful execution of all cross-channel communications projects for EPIX and EPIX NOW. On a day-to-day basis, you will collaborate with creative, editorial and marketing teams to produce communications across multi-channel touch-points that drive the acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing subscribers.
You will support the product team with optimizing the acquisition funnel by updating app store listings, conducting in-app user surveys and monitoring customer feedback, under the direction of Director, Product Management - Acquisition. You will help organize and track product work as it relates to our messaging platforms, ensuring our integrations are always optimized.
To succeed in this role, you must be: tenacious, detail-oriented, agile and creative as well as data-driven, capable of working collaboratively with many departments, and diligent with time management. You must possess a keen eye for detail, a love for movies and TV and the ability to work independently.
• Build all cross-channel campaigns, including email and push notifications, ensuring accuracy by thoroughly QC-ing and proof-reading
• Build cohorts to target the delivery of all email, push notification and in-app messaging campaigns to the right audience segments
• Track and report on key metrics for each campaign
• Monitor IP health across services
• Implement A/B tests
• Help draft in-app user surveys to better our customers' experience and ensure all on-platform messaging aligns
• Participate in product ceremonies, contributing feedback and ideas to improve our CEM strategies
• Partner with development and operations teams to ensure 3rd party communication platform integrations remain current
• Maintain a monthly communications calendar, taking into account defined deadlines to ensure deliverables are met
• Collaborate with key EPIX stakeholders including marketing, editorial, PR and creative to ensure our brand voice and message is consistent
• Organize work requests for design and copy
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 - 4 years in digital or product roles
• Familiarity with Braze and/or other lifecycle marketing programs
• Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, organized, proactive, tenacious, excited to learn and creative approach a must
• A solid understanding of key metrics that move the needle
• Self-motivated, with a desire to offer innovative ideas
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across teams
• Cool under pressure, excels in fast paced/rapidly moving environment
• Team player with positive attitude and collaborative mindset
• Track record of delivering work on time
• Passionate about media, film, TV and amazing digital experiences
• Familiarity with JIRA/Confluence, a plus
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; two-part music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries Slow Burn based on the hit podcast, docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey and six-part docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; epic fantasy drama series Britannia and music docuseries By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.