Senior Coordinator, Human Resources
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Human Resources who will provide integral administrative and generalist support in all functional areas of Human Resources with a strong emphasis on talent acquisition, benefits, on-boarding/off-boarding, employee engagement, program development, employee information maintenance, reporting, and special projects during the year. This generalist position will be involved with, and assist the Vice President of Human Resources in, performance management, compliance, immigration, and compensation.
• Facilitates day-to-day HR responsibilities, including on-boarding/off-boarding, handling employment and benefit-related queries, and providing HR generalist support to employees across the business in a timely manner
• Conducts the full-cycle recruiting process by partnering with the business to identify the best talent for EPIX; including but not limited to managing new hire requisitions, reviewing job descriptions, job postings, sourcing and networking to build a pipeline of candidates, resume review, applicant tracking, interviewing, reference and background checks, etc.
• Promotes a positive company culture by championing EPIX employee engagement initiatives and events from concept to completion
• Partner with each department to ensure the EPIX Community Board is updated on a monthly basis with relevant and engaging content
• Handles employee information maintenance, organizational chart updates, and HR-related reporting
• Acts as a liaison with MGM Human Resources and outside vendors on new hire and departure paperwork, benefits administration, payroll, and leaves of absences, as necessary
• Assists the Vice President with facilitation of HR programs such as performance management, compliance, immigration, training and compensation
• Assists the Vice President with meeting scheduling and preparation as needed
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 2-4 years of experience working in a Human Resources Department
• 1-3 years of experience recruiting for exempt and non-exempt staff
• Basic knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices
• Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as take direction
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong computer and/or technical skills
• Familiarity with ADP or a similar applicant tracking system preferred
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
• Proven ability to multi-task and successfully problem solve
• Strong ability to use discretion to deal with sensitive issues
EPIX ® , an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; ; season two of War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; dramedy Bridge and Tunnel, written and directed by Ed Burns; seasons one and two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.