Senior Cloud Architect
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/22/2019 7:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Cloud Architect jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Cloud Architect postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Cloud Architect? Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Cloud Architect to join its Media Technology Group (MTG). As a Senior Cloud Architect, you will be driving the migration of various enterprise applications into the cloud. Ideal candidates have extensive experience in a large complex enterprise environment and can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Team members must be change-oriented, forward-thinking problem solvers that are prepared to work in a startup environment while simultaneously supporting an enterprise-level business. You will play a vital role in influencing product vision and working with senior management to deliver results quickly in a very fast-paced environment.
• Lead the migration of various enterprise applications to the cloud as part of MGM's Cloud First initiative
• Collaborate with DevOps teams with assessing Cloud readiness of applications and remediation where required
• Prefer scripting, coding, or software development skills and background
• Provide mentorship and technical leadership to other engineers
• Develop and clearly document solutions for the AWS public cloud while maintaining the security considerations
• Help lead adoption strategy for Cloud services on AWS, and hybrid offerings in the future
• Enable automated solutions for Cloud including but not limited to provisioning, resource management, bursting ability, etc.
• Enable portability/compatibility between public and private clouds
• Contribute to the multi-year Infrastructure direction and strategy around technologies, tools, capabilities and operating models
• Understand the portfolio of Infrastructure Services supporting the DevOps teams
• 4 years experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
• Experience with automation toolsets for Cloud provisioning, elasticity, and operations
• Experience with modern source control software such as Git or SVN
• Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and other cross-functional teams
• Work closely with Software Engineers to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
• Previous experience with various infrastructure areas such as Server, Virtualization, Storage, Infrastructure Applications, Database, and Middleware, Network, and Security
• Demonstratable expertise with both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Solid grasp of high availability, load balancing, disaster recovery solutions, replication, and automation technologies
• Previous experience with refactoring environments to cloud-native systems
• Technical solution documentation skills including use of Microsoft Visio
• Understanding of operational security concepts for Public CloudMust be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
• Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
• Ability to thrive in an environment of continuous change
• Constantly aware of the latest industry technology and development trends (and can provide experienced solutions towards the positive evolution of our cloud infrastructure)
• Experience with the Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Hands on experience with monitoring and APM tools such as Nagios, Icinga, SCOM, SolarWinds, New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.
• Experience with modernizing legacy code
• Strong experience with hyper converged environments (Nutanix)
• Strong experience with virtualized environments (VMWare, EC2, Xen)
• Experience with log aggregation tools such as ELK stack, Splunk, SumoLogic, etc.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, PowerShell DSC or others
• Demonstrable experience scripting with languages like Python, PowerShell, bash, etc.
• Demonstrable experience with infrastructure tools like Terraform, CloudFormation This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.