Senior Business Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Business Analyst that will be responsible for providing functional, technical, and analytical expertise for building and supporting various technology products at MGM. We are looking for an experienced analyst with solid technical skills and a good understanding of studio business and content lifecycle. The candidate will support the new product development as well as the day-to-day maintenance of various studio technology products. The candidate must possess strong communication skills and analytical skills to effectively work with the business users to determine requirements and translate them into technical solutions. The candidate must excel in a team environment, and must have the ability to independently complete individual tasks in a dynamic environment to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Work as a strategic partner of the business
• Be the liaison between business and technology
• Keep alignment with business groups on strategic vision and business priorities
• Understand technology capabilities required to support business needs
• Develop and maintain technology roadmap to support business
• Define business process and requirements
• Lead business meetings/interviews to understand business process, issues and requirements. Create user stories, process modeling and data flow diagrams.
• Drive innovations and efficiency by implementing new business process through technology solutions
• Work closely with architect and developers to translate business requirements into technology design and solution.
• Participate in sprint planning and other project activities required by Agile software development methodology
• Design, testing and training
• Define business rules, wireframes and system functions
• Work closely with the business community and testing team to define and execute system testing. Lead user acceptance testing of applications to ensure the quality of the delivered requirements and overall health of the system
• Create user manuals and/or training documents. Conduct user trainings and drive smooth and efficient implementation of changes
• Production Support
• Support business users on system configuration, admin and other business activities
• Identify system issues. Trouble shoot and analyze potential solutions including workaround
• Work with business users to document, manage and prioritize bug fixings and enhancements
• Work with architect and developers to test and release new system functions
• Minimum of 5 years' experience as business analyst and/or system analyst
• Familiar with SDLC (software development life cycle) and Agile methodology
• Proficient with MS Office products, specifically advanced Visio, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Understanding of Entertainment industry and content lifecycle
• Experience with Studio process and/or technology solutions such as title/catalog management, contract and deal management, avails, media asset management, work order management, content processing and delivery, B2B or B2C portals and OTT
• Familiar with Agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience in creating, maintaining and supporting all application development artifacts including user stories, process flows, screen mockups, data diagrams, business rule definitions, design documents and reporting scripts
• Strong analytical and system design skills, and problem-solving skills, with a track record of seeing tasks through to successful completion.
• Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Comfort working in a technical environment and able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines and projects while keeping peers, partners and supervisor abreast of activities
• Self-motivated, accountable, highly organized and have the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or engineering preferred
• MBA degree preferred
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.