Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning and Corporate Development
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios ("MGM Studios") is seeking a Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning and Corporate Development to work out of its Beverly Hills, CA headquarters. This individual will work directly with the Strategic Planning and Corporate Development team to execute strategic / operational initiatives as well as define and implement MGM Studios' strategic plan following the acquisition of MGM Studios by Amazon.com Inc. ("Amazon"). The ideal candidate will help with the integration into Amazon, while shepherding activities across all lines of business -- including film, television, content distribution, consumer products and interactive media, and more.
• Analyze growth strategy and new business opportunities for MGM (including working collaboratively across the company to secure buy-in for key initiatives)
• Execute detailed financial models and other analyses to facilitate decision-making
• Support the creation of presentation materials to communicate critical strategic findings to senior management
• Assist in and coordinate due diligence, valuation, and other relevant analyses for strategic opportunities
• Analyze industry trends, competitive landscape, growth opportunities and internal performance and report these findings to senior management
• Work effectively in a team environment, both within Strategic Planning and with business unit partners / stakeholders
• Execute special projects on behalf of corporate and/or business units (e.g., film, television, distribution, media networks)
• 2 years of experience at a leading investment bank, management consulting firm, or top-tier strategic planning / corporate strategy department
• Exceptional written presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
• Superior analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities (e.g., Excel)
• Demonstrated success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting
• Experience or interest in media, digital and / or tech industries
• International experience is a plus
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.