Senior Analyst, Participations
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is looking for a Senior Analyst, Participations to be responsible for the preparation of participations statements, as well as box office bonus, co-production, and co-distribution true up accountings.
• Preparing draft participation statements for third party participants
• Preparing production cost true up statements for co-financiers and distribution true up statements co-distributors
• Evaluating/analyzing co-distributor statements
• Creating receipts and/or expense adjustments, interest schedules, and other manual calculations required for accurate reporting
• Reconciling reported activity to source systems and researching discrepancies
• Validating reported activity against source documents (e.g., invoices, etc.) and researching discrepancies
• Validating the accuracy of statement mailing packages, tax withholding calculations, and payment requisitions
• Month End Close
• Supporting month-end diligence of data mapped into the participations system
• 3 years of Accounting or Participations experience
• Excel or computer programming experience
• A./B.S. with a major or minor in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and follow through on assigned projects
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.