Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Residuals Analyst to provide research and analytical support to MGM's residuals forecasting, processing, compliance, claims resolution, and ultimates processes. A substantial focus of the position will be on creating and maintaining internal forecasting and ultimates models for the residuals payable to motion pictures and television programs in development or production. In addition, it will include new product set-up in the company's residuals processing system upon release.
• Creating and maintaining residuals forecasts models for projects under consideration or in development
• Gathering and evaluating financial and other documentation related to product to be entered into MGM residuals systems
• Entering and/or reviewing information input into the MGM residuals systems
• Creating and maintaining residuals ultimates for product after release
• Supporting month-end financial close diligence related to gross receipts
• Supporting monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc payment processes and related diligence, e.g., reconciling various G/L account balances between systems, analyzing variances, and calculating any necessary adjustments, preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, updating monthly, and quarterly reports
• Preparing claims analysis
• Calculating accrual rates by picture and library
• Supporting the audit team as required
• Providing research and analysis to respond to ad-hoc requests
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
• At least 1 year of prior accounting/finance/residuals work or internship experience in the entertainment industry preferred
• Strong Excel skills required
• Ability to maintain a large volume of data in various programs, spreadsheets, and systems
• Entertainment industry production accounting or network audit experience preferred
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong initiative and follow-through on projects
• Ability to grasp new concepts and problem-solve in a dynamic, creative environment
• Fundamental understanding of computer systems mandatory
• SAP knowledge helpful
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.