Receptionist -- Administrative Assistant
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking an enthusiastic Receptionist -- Administrative Assistant to join our New York City office.
• Greet visitors and answer internal and external questions regarding general company information
• Handle day-to-day office administrative duties (mail, scheduling conference rooms, messenger, FedEx, guest registration)
• Maintenance of the waiting area, conference rooms and breakrooms
• Order and restock kitchen supplies and office pantries
• Provide back-up support to administrative assistants as needed
• Assist with duties as directed by the Facilities Manager and various ad-hoc assignments as needed
• Support Human Resources with recruitment scheduling, curating the monthly community board, monthly fitness subsidy tracking, and other ancillary projects
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 1-2 years previous "front desk" experience in a busy corporate environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional telephone demeanor
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Self-starter who is proactive and takes initiative
• Detail oriented, able to prioritize
• Able to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Interest in working on creative projects, a plus!
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.