Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
The project manager will work with MTG members, vendors, executives as well as internal clients, to manage the delivery of complex multi-disciplinary technology projects.
• Drive technology project delivery from planning to execution
• Manage project progress, budget, resource, milestones, documentation, and launch for multiple projects
• Drive daily project activities using both agile and waterfall project management methodology
• Train the team on agile methodology and agile project management tools
• Implement standardization across MTG initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
• 5 years' experience as a Project Manager managing technology projects
• Experience working in an agile environment, familiarity with various SDL C methodologies, and a strong grasp of project management best practice
• Experience leading project delivery using both agile and waterfall methodology
• Ability to see the big picture and still understand/manager details
• Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Comfort working in a technical environment and able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and judge multiple deadlines and projects while keeping peers, partners, and supervisors abreast of activities
• Accountable, highly organized and have the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Scrum master certification preferred
• Experience in media and entertainment industry preferred
MGM prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law).
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on-demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including ?Godfather of Harlem, ?starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred and drama? Chapelwaite, ?based on the short story?Jerusalem's Lot? by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; as well as upcoming premieres of western adventure series Billy the Kid; Sci-Fi horror series From produced by Midnight Radio and AGBO; season two of dramedy Bridge and Tunnel ?written and directed by Ed Burns; season two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series? Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries ?Laurel Canyon; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; season two of? War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Daisy Edgar-Jones; sweeping historical drama Domina; docuseries? NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; ?Belgravia, ?from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from? Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth,? executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved?featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to?www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.