Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, and MGM Company, is seeking a Production Manager who will serve as the Creative Services point person on promotional materials for the programming slate (originals, movies, brand assets) for the various EPIX platforms. The Production Manager will serve as a conduit to other departments before, during and after content creation as well as liaise with the creative team and agencies to ensure the necessary source and final materials are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The candidate must have prior experience working on original scripted / unscripted series, and be detail oriented with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, professionalism, and communication skills.
• Work with internal & external producers to manage the overall timeline and roll out for promotional assets being created by the Creative Services team for EPIX promotables including full campaigns (teases, launch promos, BTS pieces, episodic promos, etc) and one-offs (movie spots, image spots, stunts, etc)
• Develop, update & distribute project deliverables lists, as well as confirm and communicate delivery specs.
• Develop, distribute and manage monthly inventory grids for EPIX Drive-In and ScreenPix Suite of channels
• Work with Senior Production Manager to assign & schedule workload to in-house creative staff hire vendors & assign projects, as needed.
• Simultaneously manage multiple overlapping projects. Track & communicate progress.
• Liaise with Digital & Scheduling departments -- determine needs, inform them of what Creative Services is producing and fulfill their requests.
• Liaise with Original programming to obtain information on timeline and assets available for Originals
• Work with creative & marketing teams to facilitate reviews, approvals and delivery in a timely fashion
• Work with show post production teams to ensure smooth delivery of promotional assets
• Work closely with Senior Production Manager & Production Coordinator to adhere to proper delivery, storage and tracking of all promotional content in accordance with best practices: Raw footage, stills, and final deliverables.
• Delegate assignments to, and review work completed by the Department Production Coordinator.
• Manage delivery and distribution of EPK shoot materials including footage, conversions, transcripts, etc.
• Attend relevant department/project status meetings
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• College degree or equivalent relevant experience
• 5-7 years experience in TV/entertainment industry (preferably at a cable network in Creative Services dept)
• Experience working with original, scripted & unscripted series
• Thorough understanding of production management and operational procedures
• Outstanding Production Management skills
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff, internal clients and external business partners
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Awareness of major production applications, including Premiere, Avid, Final Cut Pro and AfterEffects
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong leadership capabilities; ability to manage, prioritize, motivate, and collaborate
• Solid management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Team player
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docu-series Slow Burn based on the hit podcast, docu-series NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen and Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; two-part music docu-series Laurel Canyon; and six-part docu-series Helter Skelter, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.