Product Manager, Participations and Residuals
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Product Manager who will be responsible for developing and managing MGM's Participations and Residuals systems and various other studio technology products. We are looking for an experienced product manager with solid technical skills along with a good understanding of studio business and Participations and Residuals business rules and logics. The candidate will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds.
• Work as a strategic partner of the business. Keep alignment with business groups on strategic vision and business priorities. Be a liaison between business and technology. Understand business processes, use cases, requirements, product functions, system integrations and data flow in depth.
• Manage product lifecycle from conception to launch. Support the new product development as well as the day-to-day maintenance of various studio technology products.
• Lead business meetings and interviews. Lead business analysts to define business processes and requirements. Create user stories, process modeling and data flow diagrams.
• Work closely with architect, UX designer, and developers to translate business requirements into technology design and solution. Develop and/or select innovative solutions
• Define and manage product roadmap. Manage and prioritize user story backlog.
• Launch new products and features, test product functions and performance, and iterate quickly.
• Oversee product development and release lifecycle. Ensure on time delivery of new product and/or features.
• Work with Project Manager to lead sprint planning and other project activities required by Agile software development methodology
• Drive innovations and efficiencies by implementing new business process through technology solutions. Manage change management and training. Create user manuals and/or training documents. Conduct user trainings and drive smooth and efficient implementation of changes
• Conduct industry and product research to understand technology options and industry trends. Recommend new product ideas and solutions.
• Support product related audit requirements and activities
• Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or engineering preferred
• MBA degree preferred
• Minimum of 7 years' combined experience as a Product Manager and/or Business Analyst with at least 2 years' experience as Product Manager
• Experience working in the entertainment industry preferred
• Certified Agile Product Manager preferred
• Experience delivering new products from conception to launch as well as managing products post go-live
• Deep understanding of participations and residuals calculations, business rules, and studio finance / accounting in general
• Experience developing / supporting participations and/or residuals systems
• Ability to learn quickly in both business and technology domains
• Familiar with change management, training methodology, and leading practice
• Familiar with SDLC (software development life cycle) and Agile methodology
• Familiar with Agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience in creating, maintaining and supporting all application development artifacts including user stories, process flows, screen mockups, data diagrams, business rule definitions, design documents, user manuals and training materials
• Strong analytical and system design skills, and problem-solving skills, with a track record of seeing tasks through to successful completion
• Ability to break down complex problems into steps and drive product development
• Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Comfort working in a technical environment and able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines and projects, while keeping peers, partners and supervisor abreast of activities
• Self-motivated, accountable, highly organized and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Excel in a team environment and must have the ability to independently complete individual tasks in a dynamic environment
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.