Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/30/2020 2:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Product Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Product Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Product Designer? At EPIX, we dream, design and build the media world we want to live in - then, we make it a reality for all of our consumers, no matter what platform they're watching us on.
Being part of the EPIX team means:
• You're cool with working on lots of awesome things, often at the same time
• You like perfect, but you understand Agile, so you respect the build/iterate/optimize approach
• You're willing to fail in order to innovate and unafraid to dabble in things like chatbots, AR, VR and whatever else is new or cool
• You thrive in a world where micromanagement isn't a thing
• You're as big a fan of movies and TV as we are, but have an even greater obsession with working on a team filled with smart, fun, opinionated people united in building solutions for whatever comes our way
The EPIX team is passionate, energetic, motivated, lean and fun. We believe deeply in collaboration across the board -- marketing works with creative, editorial tests alongside product managers and operations collaborates with design. Everyone at EPIX comes together to power our streaming experience. We've got personality for days, welcome any challenge or deadline and are committed to providing our audience with a best in class user experience.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Product Designer who will design powerful, customer-focused video experiences. Our design team works closely with product management and engineering to support features across 14 platforms. Our mission is to provide our users with the best video experience that reflects all the great content our brand carries.
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for conceiving experiences across mobile, web, TV apps, Game consoles, and sometimes unconventional platforms and back-end internal CMS and API. You will be expected to help define the overall functionality of the product from wireframes to high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
• Apply your expertise in user experience design, creative problem solving, user research and analysis to develop striking, sophisticated and highly impactful design solutions for streaming video products
• Help define our user experience while managing expectations across multiple groups including product, editorial, QA and engineering in conjunction with executive stakeholders
• Translate chicken scratch, post-it notes and water cooler conversations into user flows-stories- journeys that lead to intuitive user experiences
• Design and deliver wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
• Identify everyday design problems and devise elegant solutions
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 5 years in product design
• Proficiency in: Sketch, InVision Studio, Abstract, Principle, Framer, Marvel, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with qualitative testing methodologies
• Experience in design systems implementation and management
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience designing for both iOS and Android, as well as TV apps
• Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design,
• Knowledge of Material Design best practices
• College degree required or equivalent experience
What's nice to have:
• Experience with user testing platforms such as UserTesting.com, UserZoom, and Alpha
• Experience working for a streaming service or a premium television network
What will get you two enthusiastic thumbs-up:
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; epic fantasy drama series Britannia; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; two-part music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries Slow Burn based on the hit podcast, docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey and six-part docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; six-part docuseries Enslaved featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody, music docuseries By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem and docuseries Fiasco. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.