Producer / Editor
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Do you love movies and cinematic television? EPIX, an MGM company, is seeking a discerning Producer/Editor who will be responsible for writing, producing and editing EPIX on-air and off-air theatrical quality creative marketing materials. The position requires wild creativity and a developed sense of responsibility and organization. This person must be an endless resource of ideas for their own projects and for the department. This is a role for someone with a refined sense of creative excellence, understands storytelling , brings enthusiasm and a cinematic tone to every project and has an insatiable desire to create emotionally powerful work.
• Work with Creative Director to develop A/V creative for on-air and off-air spots including brand image, monthly affiliate cross channel, VOD pre-roll, theatrical trailers, original series teases, episodics, BTS, etc.
• Write innovative copy and conceptualize unique, contemporary brand spots
• Develop, write, produce and edit multiple concepts for each assignment
• Exhibit comfort in ability to pitch ideas and cuts to all levels of management
• Stay current on programming schedule, affiliate deals and marketing calendars in order to better strategize and foresee promotional projects
• Prepare creative briefs when necessary and meticulously complete project assignment forms and other administrative paperwork
• Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
• Communicate with and inspire graphic designers and supervise execution
• Book and direct audio engineers and voice-over talent
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots & trailers for television, preferably premium scripted television with a network, streamer or creative agency
• Must have experience promoting scripted original series
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
• Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
• Passion for staying current on industry trends
• Must know Adobe Premiere and Mac based work environment. After Effects and Adobe suite a plus
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
• Link to reel of recent/relevant work required for consideration
MGM prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 once MGM's offices reopen, presently set to take place on April 4th (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law).
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on-demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including ?Godfather of Harlem, ?starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred and drama? Chapelwaite, ?based on the short story?Jerusalem's Lot? by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; as well as upcoming premieres of western adventure series Billy the Kid; Sci-Fi horror series From produced by Midnight Radio and AGBO; season two of dramedy Bridge and Tunnel ?written and directed by Ed Burns; season two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series? Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries ?Laurel Canyon; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; season two of? War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Daisy Edgar-Jones; sweeping historical drama Domina; docuseries? NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; ?Belgravia, ?from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from? Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth,? executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved?featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to?www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.