Producer / Editor - Preditor
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/12/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Producer / Editor - Preditor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer / Editor - Preditor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer / Editor - Preditor? Do you love movies and cinematic television? EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a discerning Producer/Editor who will be responsible for writing, producing and editing EPIX on-air and off-air theatrical quality creative marketing materials. The position requires wild creativity and a developed sense of responsibility and organization. This person must be an endless resource of ideas for their own projects and for the department. This is a role for someone with a refined sense of creative excellence, understands storytelling, brings enthusiasm and a cinematic tone to every project and has an insatiable desire to create emotionally powerful work.
• Work with Associate Creative Director to develop A/V creative for on-air and off-air spots including brand image, monthly affiliate cross channel, VOD pre-roll, theatrical trailers, original series teases, episodics, BTS, etc.
• Write innovative copy and conceptualize unique, contemporary brand spots
• Develop, write, produce and edit multiple concepts for each assignment
• Exhibit comfort in ability to pitch ideas and cuts to all levels of management
• Stay current on programming schedule, affiliate deals and marketing calendars in order to better strategize and foresee promotional projects
• Prepare creative briefs when necessary and meticulously complete project assignment forms and other administrative paperwork
• Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
• Communicate with and inspire graphic designers and supervise execution
• Book and direct audio engineers and voice-over talent
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots & trailers for television, preferably premium scripted television with a network, streamer or creative agency.
• Must have experience promoting scripted original series
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
• Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
• Passion for staying current on industry trends
• Must know Adobe Premiere and Mac based work environment. After Effects and Adobe suite a plus.
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
Link to reel of recent/relevant work required for consideration
EPIX ® , an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; ; season two of War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; dramedy Bridge and Tunnel, written and directed by Ed Burns; seasons one and two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.