Junior Financial Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Junior Financial Analyst to prepare profit participation accounting statements to producers, licensors, and talent, in accordance with contracts for rights or services on feature film and television product.
• Analyzing and interpreting contractual terms
• Researching and preparing reconciliations of financial data, related analyses, and posting of any necessary adjustments to report in accordance with contracts
• Compiling internal support work papers to include a detailed audit trail of calculations and corresponding documentation/explanation of adjustments
• Compiling and submitting statement packages for review and ultimate mailing to third parties
• Preparing check requests and inputting payment information into department system
• Reading, reviewing, and preparing contract abstracts when applicable
• Determination of proper statement format and ensuring contractual compliance
• BA/BS degree
• Strong Excel skills required
• Minimum 1 year prior accounting / finance / participation experience required
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.