Paralegal, Library Rights
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Paralegal, Library Rights jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Paralegal, Library Rights postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paralegal, Library Rights?
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an entertainment paralegal with significant research experience in the entertainment industry to join the Legal Division's Library Rights Management Team, one of the core groups responsible for legal oversight of MGM's fabled film library.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the team
• Perform research and chain of title review for new acquisitions and films in release, as well as film, television, stage and new media development projects
• Will prepare written memoranda, reports and chain of title documentation
• Perform related administrative tasks as needed
• Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality in a sensitive environment
• Strong academic credentials
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the entertainment industry
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently on multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Ability and desire to work within a team environment, including an ability to effectively collaborate, be receptive to constructive feedback and be diplomatic when communicating and interacting with superiors and colleagues
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, combined with strong critical thinking, and determined and tenacious problem-solving skills with the ability to propose practical, responsive solutions
• Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Able to review and analyze a wide array of complex agreements.
• Familiarity with entertainment terms of art as well as industry custom and practice
• Ability to recognize and seek guidance on issues beyond one's knowledge or comfort zone and be comfortable with close oversight and supervision
• Knowledge of the film, television and new media production processes
• Familiarity with DGA, SAG and WGA agreements (including separated rights)
• Familiarity with copyright and chain-of-title issues
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe, and aptitude to quickly master other databases/applications)
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.