Manager, TV Accounting
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., ("MGM") is looking for a Manager to join the Television Accounting team. The Television Accounting team oversees the accounting and reporting functions relating to the development, production, acquisition, licensing, and distribution of television content. The Manager will primarily support all accounting functions relating to MGM's produced television content and MGM Channels.
• Provide guidance and leadership to accounting staff
• Take onus of the monthly accounting close including preparing journal entries, analyzing and explaining fluctuations and variances, and providing meaningful financial reporting to management.
• Maintain the TV Content general ledger to ensure accounts are properly analyzed and reconciled in a timely manner
• Prepare quarterly financial statements for MGM Channels and subsidiaries
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the TV Channels business and act as the main liaison with our various external business partners
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance of appropriate accounting policies and internal controls
• Analyze current procedures and standardize process flows. Recommend, develop, and drive process improvements to achieve efficiency and scalability
• Collaborate with cross-functional business partners including FP&A, Production, Participations, Tax, and Operations to maintain flow of communication and support
• Utilize knowledge of accounting guidance (ASC 606, ASC 926, etc.) to review television agreements and interpret contractual terms for proper accounting treatment
• Research technical accounting subjects and draft internal accounting memos as needed
• Lead exciting ad hoc projects and assist with business decisions
• Build trust with senior management through effective communication
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area
• 5 years of relevant accounting experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, Self-motivated, Detail-Oriented, Curious, Enthusiastic, and Adaptable
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Operate efficiently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Strong proficiency in Excel
• SAP experience
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus
• Prior public accounting experience in the enterntainment industry a plus
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.