Manager, International TV Contract Administration
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of deal management support for the media of: Pay TV, SVOD, TVOD, EST/DTO, PPV, Free TV, FVOD and Basic Cable, including output deals.
Summary of Job Duties:
Maintain and monitor individual territory/territory grouping information for Output deals as well as package deals in those territories in the following areas:
• Advise on potential deals to clear product/analyze deal term sheets/provide departmental feedback for pending deals
• Generate sales and availability reports based on specific territory/client requirements
• Communicate with clients regarding upcoming contractual notifications for Output deals
• Monitor Life of Series TV output deals; work with Executive Director on notices and windowing
• Maintain Output deal specific trackers and alerting calendars
• Create and maintain deal specific contract abstract summaries of the deals. Review and summarize deal specific points for relevant information such as rate cards, term, product type, etc.
• Window management for current features and TV series, including monitoring of product availability release dates. Properly manages product license windows and holdbacks that flow through the sequence of media in their territories
• Contract entry/administration, event processing, and client maintenance
• Manage deals on new title selections for existing output deals, title substitutions, re-clearance or withdrawing of titles due to rights updates, including direct communication with client on notification of dates and other contractually required terms
• Run reports to capture outstanding items such as TBA dates
• Window out the approximate initial Pay TV, SVOD and Free TV/Basic Cable avail dates based on trigger dates & output window lengths
• Maintain calendaring database to ensure all contractual requirements, such as no later than dates and notification deadlines are captured
• Review and process internal notification of dates and data from certain external websites
• Coordinate with International Sales offices on incoming deal memos and change orders for completeness and accuracy; liaise with offices as needed
• Ensure all contractual obligations have been fulfilled
• Update internal departmental spreadsheets, including deal tracker and others
• Maintain contract files and historical documentation related to each agreement
• Develop and maintain proficiency in proprietary and non-proprietary systems
• Advanced Word and Excel functions, SAP/IPM and Microstrategy
• Manage large scale avails processes and presentations
• Three plus years of experience in sales/contract administration or related field at a Manager level
• Demonstrated ability to read and fulfill contractual obligations for global licensing deals
• Understands and applies the concepts of window management, contract administration, sales planning, etc
• Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills
• Bachelor's degree
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates self-initiative, assumes responsibility for managing territories/media
• Active and efficient problem solver
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
• Team player
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills and extremely detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.