Manager, Digital Platform Programming
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/11/2021 12:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Digital Platform Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Digital Platform Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Digital Platform Programming? EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Digital Platform Programming Manager who will play a vital editorial role in the daily operations and user-facing experience of the EPIX digital platforms and will be responsible for creating, planning, and executing the content strategy across all web platforms and app home screens, in addition to creating and managing metadata for all our titles. The Manager will also be extending that content strategy and management to several of our digital partner platforms by maintaining relationships and handling both editorial and artwork deliveries for each month while working closely with the marketing and creative teams to promote our originals and movies, as well as the product and engineering teams to ensure a best-in-class user experience for our subscribers on both EPIX and EPIX NOW. This role will also be a close collaborator of the design team, helping to support the quality assurance of our editorial experience on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
The ideal candidate truly loves media, from blockbuster films to up-and-coming TV hits to low-budget indies and everything in between. The ideal candidate reads iMDb for fun; turns to Wikipedia during a movie researching all of the actors instead of paying attention to the plot and can immediately call to mind a favorite movie poster. Most of all, you're excited to build a digital viewing experience for today as well as for tomorrow.
• Build and program pages in Meta/CMS for all movies, original series and specials
• Manage synopses, tags, and a myriad of other metadata for those movies, original series, and special in Meta to ensure that each page is both accurate and alluring
• Plan and execute the editorial strategy for the apps and website on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis by curating collections based on both data and the EPIX vision
• Plan and execute editorial strategy for partner platforms by filling out, managing, and delivering wireframes and artwork assets
• Download and catalog assets from studio sites for movies within license windows on monthly basis and organize accordingly for the team's use
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• At least 5years experience working in title operations or publishing at a large-scale editorial, e-commerce or video service
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Media, or related fields
• • Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex publishing projects, as well as a deep understanding of a variety of content management systems or similar dashboards
• Ability to manage and publish large volumes of content, make decisions informed by data as well as the network's editorial vision, and communicate across departments.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• An adoration for film and television -- and a desire to dig deeper into the details
• Must be flexible and able to adapt well to sudden changes in direction
• Ability to collaborate well with the team, as well as take direction and lead on occasion
• Highly organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and excellent time management skills
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; epic fantasy drama series Britannia; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; two-part music docuseries Laurel Canyon; docuseries Slow Burn based on the hit podcast; docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; six-part docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; six-part docuseries Enslaved featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; music docuseries By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; dramedy Bridge and Tunnel, written and directed by Ed Burns; docuseries Fiasco and season two of Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.