Manager -- Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., ("MGM") is looking for a Manager of Corporate FP&A to join the Corporate Finance group. The manager will be responsible for overseeing the overall corporate budgeting, planning, and forecasting needs of the Company, establishing guidelines related to forecasting and budgeting process to ensure consistency and accuracy, managing the team and information received from divisional FP&A groups, and provide reporting / information to senior executives to support decision making.
• Managing the annual budget and long-term plan process along with quarterly reforecasts
• Reconciling financial results and identifying key drivers of variances in the forecast
• Collaborating with Corporate Accounting during quarterly and year-end close processes
• Liaising with divisional FP&A groups (film, home entertainment, television / digital, and channels groups) and corporate accounting to obtain and review information used in overall corporate plan, ensuring that forecasts reflect accurate historical data and/or forecast assumptions
• Partnering with the business to deliver valuable insights and sound financial decision support
• Overseeing department reporting needs by refreshing internal reports and preparing reports/PowerPoint presentations for Senior Management and Board of Directors
• Executing on in-depth ad-hoc finance projects (including deal analysis, valuations, and M&A), building strategic models, and developing fact-based recommendations to help senior leadership make informed business decisions
• Championing best-practices and assessing process improvement opportunities to further drive team productivity and resource utilization
• Training, managing, and mentoring a team of 3 analysts
• Supervising the maintenance of the team's Oracle Essbase database
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field, with an MBA or CPA a plus
• Minimum 5 years financial planning / accounting experience
• Entertainment industry experience preferable
• Aptitude for being precise and detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of company personnel
• Desire and proven track record working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well as a team member and deliver accurate information in a timely manner
• Proficiency in Excel
• Knowledge of Essbase, SAP, Word, and PowerPoint a plus
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.