Manager, Clips Stills
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Clips Stills handles all outgoing licensing for the MGM film and television catalog for the use of film clips, stills, posters and other materials/copyrights in 3rd party productions and publications. This includes use in feature film and primetime television series, documentaries, talk shows and unscripted productions, advertising campaigns and book publications.
Licensing / Sales / Negotiation - Pitch, negotiate, quote, manage, and track large volume of requests through entire license process for the use of film clips, stills, characters and film IP in advertising, television, film, and new media.
• Proactively pitch Company's film and television library to advertising agencies for the purposes of licensing content for short term third-party advertising campaigns
• Process all required approvals for incoming requests, including internal review for content to determine in line with MGM brand and liaising with all 3rd party approval parties
• Work in conjunction with legal to perform research of the Company's rights on each requested title
• Provide license fee quotes for usage in line with current market
• Draft and redline all clip/still usage agreements
• Coordinate with A/R to generate invoices and vendor set up forms for licensees
• Provide a high level of customer service to all licensees and prospective clients, including education on copyright license processes and practices; assisting in title and image research and suggesting alternate options within catalog as needed
• Coordinate all master materials to be created for clients through corresponding laboratories (Also involves researching what materials are available)
• Track and follow-up on all issued licenses for signature and payments
• Create and maintain all license files for completed/paid contracts
• Manage department workflow through licensing website, including coordinating with website vendor to handle errors and support requests on the site
• Provide input and reports on license activity and volume as needed to internal stakeholders
• Develop and maintain current database of contacts for key advertising and clearance agencies and manage outreach initiatives to communicate licensing opportunities associated with Company's clip still business
• Seek out and foster relationships for new revenue streams/opportunities in advertising, television, film and new media
• Pitch film clip scenes, characters and/or still photography for advertising campaigns, Film/TV projects and other productions
• Develop and maintain business relationships with Ad Agencies, Clearance/Licensing Agents, top level talent representatives
• Demonstraste excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
• Strong presentation skills and ability to speak clearly and compellingly in front of large groups
• Ability to travel to key markets for the purposes of presenting Company's portfolio to key agency representatives
• Exceptionally strong client servicing skills and ability to follow-up on initiatives quickly and efficiently
• Fast-paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all standard computer programs (PC experience: Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet)
• Bachelor degree required
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.