Legal Assistant, Library Rights
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn, to provide day-to-day administrative support to the Legal Department's Library Rights Management team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated an interest in the entertainment industry, including film and television history, and experience handling a wide range of administrative, organizational, and executive support-related tasks. The candidate must be able to work well in an environment of constantly changing priorities and maintain the utmost level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Handle daily administrative tasks: answer phones, direct intellectual property rights inquiries, schedule meetings, photocopy/scan documents, order/manage office supplies, and prepare occasional expense reports
• Draft and edit department reports, business correspondence and emails
• Create, organize, and maintain multiple sets of electronic and hard copy files
• Maintain and manage calendars, email, and contacts
• Manage multiple projects and priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines
• Various ad hoc projects, as needed, including legal work, as time allows and capability indicated
• BA/BS degree; JD preferred
• Entertainment legal background preferred
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe, and aptitude to quickly master other databases/applications)
• Strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think creatively and problem solve, with attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through being of the highest importance
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.