Junior Publicist, Publicity and Promotions
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Orion Pictures is seeking a Junior Publicist for our Publicity and Promotions Department with 3-5 years of publicity/promotions experience. This person oversees all day to day operation and administration functions with the Publicity department and assists the publicity team in promotional campaigns for every Orion Pictures release. Individual will work directly with the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Distribution and the Director of Publicity and Promotions.
• Develop, implement and execute publicity and promotional campaigns for Orion Pictures releases reporting to Director of Publicity
• Plan and execute publicity appearance tours, promotional efforts at film festivals, conventions and publicity tie-in events. Responsible for coordinating all logistics- securing screening and panel time slots, press, talent travel and hotel accommodations, etc.
• Book hotel rooms and function space for junkets. Coordinate junket travel for press and work with press to track run dates and secure junket pieces. Work with Director of Publicity to manage all functions of domestic press junkets and national press days including scheduling TV, print and radio press.
• Oversee, manage and set nationwide screening programs- screenings to include press, promotional, word-of-mouth and special requests from filmmakers.
• Track and manage field budgets for film campaigns and compile final reports and highlights at the end of each for publicity and promotional activities.
• BA/BS degree required
• Experience working with talent and high level Executives
• Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
• Ability to multitask and self-manage
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.