Junior Digital Project Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Junior Digital Project Manager who will be a vital member of the EPIX digital team. In this role, you will organize the team and its resources in order to succeed across sprint efforts as well as champion an approach that works best based on the overall velocity and potential output.
• Oversee the EPIX digital projects pipeline and guide core team on agile practices and sprint activities
• Plan sprints, monitor sprint progress and work on efficiencies from one sprint to the next.
• Responsible for pre-project planning, project kickoff facilitation, creation of project plan, overseeing successful execution of project plan with timely communication to all project stakeholders, optimizing communication through face-to-face discussions, meetings, email, Gantt chart preparation and other techniques
• Manage projects with external vendors and clients and manage all communication channels
• Serve as both project manager and scrum master, utilizing EPIX project frameworks in both Agile and traditional project management approaches
• JIRA expert: Proficiently maintain JIRA tickets, backlogs, and Kanban/Scrum boards across projects and teams to improve visibility into queues to better track progress and blockers
• Identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project
• Prepare and communicate project progress/status reports for management review
• Collaborate with offshore development teams, when applicable, to tightly integrate them into project work streams
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree with at least 3 years of experience in digital project management or related area
• Familiarity and experience with Agile Scrum/Kanban software development methodologies
• Scrum Master or Agile certification strongly preferred
• Exceptional organizational, communication (written and verbal), and team building skills
• Strong experience with project management tools like Trello, Roadmunk, and JIRA/Confluence
• Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Possess superb presentation skills
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities when working with a large development team
• Dependable with strong relationship building skills who can efficiently collaborate cross-disciplinary
• Experience managing projects involving mobile products (e.g., apps for iOS, Android, etc.) and playing the Scrum Master role for at least one to two years for a software development team desirable
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games (preferred)
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in SCRUM approach (i.e. numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.) (preferred)
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.