Intern - Publicity
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is looking for a hard-working, motivated college or graduate school student to fill our Publicity Internship. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in Film and Television Publicity as well as Corporate Communications, possess knowledge of the entertainment industry (including major industry events and awards season) and be enthusiastic about gaining hands-on experience in PR.
• Assist in tracking company breaking news
• Compile important background information related to titles, box office, etc.
• Draft and edit PR-related communications in companywide blasts
• Compile PR Contacts at all of MGM's Domestic and International partners
• Assist with first drafts of story pitches
• Aid the team in a wide variety of administrative tasks, including:
• Assist in editing Press Releases
• Track Print and Digital Trades / magazines with MGM's relevant Covers / Ads
• Assist in managing costume inventory
• Read scripts and compile notes
• Must be enrolled in a current or upcoming undergraduate or graduate program
• Students must live in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship
• Candidates must be able to commit two to three full days a week
• A sincere passion for Publicity and/or Corporate Communications is required
• Previous film or television industry experience is preferred
• Strong writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate ideas effectively, are a must
• Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic who can support the team in meaningful ways
• Have an organized work style
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.