Intern - Marketing
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is looking for a hard-working, motivated college or graduate school student to fill our Marketing Internship for the Winter / Spring semester. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in Film and Television Marketing, possess knowledge of the entertainment industry (including major industry events and awards season), and be enthusiastic about gaining hands-on experience in marketing.
• Aid the department in a wide variety of administrative tasks
• Update key date documents such as worldwide release documents, relevant holiday timelines, and strategy / marketing timelines
• Assist with research
• Update international marketing contact sheet on a weekly basis
• Assist with collating and keeping track of all international social channels
• Assist with script overviews and one pagers
• Assist with fan site research
• Attending, reading, and recapping any industry literature / news / webinars for the team
• Create and update talent socials for all titles on a weekly basis
• Update and keep track of the approved local titles document for all titles
• Assist in creating and writing taglines / synopses for relevant titles
• Must be a college student (undergraduate or graduate) and eligible to receive college credit throughout the duration of the internship
• Must live in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship
• Ability to commit two to three full days a week with the accommodation of class schedules
• A sincere passion for Marketing and Social Media is required
• Previous film or television industry experience is preferred
• Strong writing skills along with the ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Self-starter with a driven, positive, and motivated work ethic
• An organized work style with the ability to multitask
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.