Helpdesk and Desktop Support Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Manager in its IT department in Beverly Hills, CA. The successful candidate will be leading a team that provides desktop support to MGM's corporate office as well as remote offices around the world. This position will manage a team of technicians on all aspects of the day to day activities of the Help Desk operations. The Manager should be proficient with ITIL methodology, incident management systems, and general technologies. The Manager will provide supervisory oversight of the team, as well as take the lead on critical issues and routine tasks as they are raised.
Primary responsibilities include:
*Manage the help desk staff and activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems using ITIL best practices
* Provide guidance and oversight of staff and reporting on SLAs and other analytics to management
* Basic system administration of VoIP solution (on-boarding, changing features, moves/adds)
* Assign technicians to various operations and direct their activities related to help desk tickets
* Prioritize daily activities of the team and QC work on critical and high priority tickets
* Take ownership of client issues and escalate issue to appropriate IS managers as necessary
* Create, document, and update processes to resolve issues and improve processes
* Manage SCCM and JAMF Casper deployment of key software updates for all MGM computers
* Act as project manager for small to medium projects around desktop infrastructure (i.e., technology upgrades, new hardware and software deployments)
* As needed, provide day-to-day support of PC/MAC hardware, software, printing and networking issues
* Various special projects support as needed
* Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience required
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in IT with 2 years of experience managing a support desk team - must be able to demonstrate ability to lead and mentor
* A Certification required and/or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, time management, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent understanding of computer hardware, operating system functions, and components. Must be familiar with multiple makes/models of desktops and laptops, and be able to troubleshoot and escalate as appropriate
* Mac OS X and Windows 7/8/10 troubleshooting and configuration skills
* Mobile and tablet device troubleshooting and configuration skills (iOS and Android)
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Network Essentials, SCCM and Office 2010/Office 2016, VoIP systems and basic AV skills
* Experience and ability to work both in a team setting and independently
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.