Full Stack Developer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer who will be responsible for realizing scalable software solutions in a fast-moving environment. The candidate will possess strong front-end and back-end technical expertise with a good understanding of various development frameworks. The candidate will work on developing applications that support MGM's digital supply chain, including but not limited to processes around Work Order management, Inventory tracking, Media Asset Management, and numerous customer-facing Screening Room and B2B portals.
The candidate's primary job functions include but are not limited to development of state-of-the-art software solutions and the day-to-day maintenance and administration of those solutions/platforms. The candidate must possess strong communication and analytical skills to effectively work with peers within the Media Technology Group, various external partners/vendors and business users to determine requirements and translate them into technical solutions. The candidate must excel in a team environment and must have the ability to independently complete individual tasks in a dynamic environment to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Analysis and Design
• Work with IT leadership, product managers and the business community to define and document requirements and ideate software solutions
• Translate conceptual system requirements into technical front-end and back-end requirements through relevant data and architecture modeling exercises
• Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing and proposed integrations and processes
• Plan, execute, and manage integration of new applications with existing systems and software and the implementation of new application integration technology
• Development, Testing and Deployment
• Create/develop, test and maintain scalable, web and mobile applications, including databases and integrations
• Perform Unit Testing and debugging of applications to ensure quality, responsiveness and efficiency of the delivered requirements and overall health of the system
• Perform application patches and updates
• Develop/incorporate stringent security controls within solutions
• Identify problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds
• Work with vendor support partners on elevated system issues.
• Work with other technology departments on integrated system support
• Perform routine maintenance tasks -- coordinated across the Application, Database Infrastructure and Security teams within IT
• Participate in team meetings and status reporting
• Clearly communicate plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis
• Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives
• Educate other team members and govern tool usage.
• Participate in research and make recommendations on integration products and services
• 5 years of experience developing web and mobile applications as a full stack developer
• Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent fields
• Experience working in the Media and Entertainment/Studios industry is highly preferred, with a focus on developing supply chain solutions around content management and delivery
• Experience working with different databases (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL, RDS, Postgres, MongoDB), web services (e.g. Apache, IIS, Nginx) and UI/UX design
• Experience in Microsoft .Net Web and Windows Technologies
• Experience working with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem, developing serverless services, including experience with Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Serverless, Lambda, SNS, SMS, etc
• Experience with ESBs, BPMs, pub/sub technologies (e.g., Apache Kafka), and iPaaS solutions such as Mulesoft and Workato
• Good exposure to latest Software Development languages with demonstrated abilities across the entire lifecycle, including planning, analysis, design, assisting in user testing and training activities
• Experience defining application/integration architecture showcasing the use of knowledge domains pertaining to application modeling, product/solution analysis, technology strategy, standards definition, etc. with a focus on interoperability, performance, scalability, reliability/availability, etc
• Experience developing robust, scalable solutions and API interfaces utilizing Service Oriented Architecture principles
• Deep understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
• Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals--algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
• Expertise in translating business requirements to project design, development, and execution
• Strong understanding and experience working in an agile, DevOps CI/CD environment with tools such as GitLab/Github, Ansible, Terraform, Sonar, etc. and the Atlassian suite of products
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision in fast-paced interdisciplinary environment
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.