Executive Director, Scripted TV Development
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Director, Scripted TV Development-Gato Grande
Gato Grande Productions, is seeking a bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish) Scripted Television Development Executive. Must have a combination of proven Development, Sales, and Production experience with a deep knowledge and understanding of the Latin American market. Position is based in Los Angeles, or Mexico. Travel to Latin America will be required.
• Generate new ideas for the Latin American and International markets in the genres of entertainment, film and scripted TV
• Knowledge of current and upcoming mainstream buyers
• Execute and refine content development strategy
• Procure and attend multiple sales/pitch meetings to seek emerging opportunities in the market
• Think strategically about how to optimize success and develop the necessary relationships
• Expand, build, and maintain relationships with a network of agents, managers, directors, productions companies, talent, etc., through outside networking
• Develop and oversee creation of pitch materials including paper, decks, and sizzle reels
• Manage projects in pre-production, production and post-production
• Entrusted to find talented writers and be involved in conceptualization of ideas
• Interact with writers during the development process by giving creative notes on outlines, scripts and rough cuts
• Be the direct contact with networks and platforms
• Collaborate with members of MGM's senior executive team
• Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish)
• Substantial scripted development experience in the genres of entertainment / formats / reality and game
• Strong knowledge of the American and Latin American market
• Aware of current TV trends
• Ability to write clearly, creatively and convincingly in both English and Spanish
• Excellent networking and sales skills
• Well organized, highly-motivated and a strategic thinker with a take charge attitude
• Occasional travel to Latin America
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.