Executive Director, Scripted TV Development
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Gato Grande Productions is seeking a bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish) Scripted Television Development Executive. Must have a combination of proven DEVELOPMENT, SALES, AND PRODUCTION experience with a deep knowledge and understanding of both U.S. and the Latin American market. Position is based in Los Angeles, but travel to Latin America will be required.
• Generate new ideas for the American and International markets with Latinx themes, in the genres of entertainment, film, scripted TV, formats, reality, and game
• Knowledge of current and upcoming mainstream buyers
• Execute and refine content development strategy
• Procure and attend multiples sales/pitch meetings to seek emerging opportunities in the market
• Think strategically about how to optimize success and develop the necessary relationships
• Expand, build, and maintain relationships with a network of agents, managers, directors, production companies, talent, etc., through outside networking
• Develop and oversee creation of pitch materials including paper, decks, and sizzle reels
• Manage projects in pre-production, production, and post-production
• Entrusted to find talented writers and be involved in conceptualization of ideas
• Entrusted to lead writers during the development process, giving creative notes on outlines, scripts, and rough cuts
• In charge of the direct relation with networks and platforms
• Collaborate with members of MGM's senior executive team
• Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish)
• Substantial scripted development experience in the genres of entertainment/formats/reality and game
• Creative ability to continually generate ideas for TV and formats and develop them to advanced pitch standard
• Proven production experience with a solid understanding of costs, budgets and production schedules, and how they impact creative
• Strong knowledge of the Latin American and American market, the networks, their schedules, and their defining shows
• Ability to write clearly, creatively, and convincingly in both English and Spanish
• Awareness of current TV trends
• Well organized, highly motivated and a strategic thinker
• Takes initiative and takes charge
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.