Executive Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support to both the EVP, Head of Business & Legal Affairs, Original Programming and VP, Business & Legal Affairs.
• Answer phones, manage calendars, and schedule meetings
• Prepare materials for meetings and other presentations
• Print, copy, scan and mail documents
• Order office supplies
• Coordinate travel arrangements and preparing itineraries
• Prepare expense reports
• Serve as a liaison by sorting and forwarding internal and external inquiries to the appropriate individuals
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• At least 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably at a television network, film studio or independent film company, or other media company and/or substantive legal experience as legal assistant at a law firm
• Familiarity with and ability to read and interpret entertainment-related contracts a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Interest in the media/entertainment industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as the job may require frequent communications across multiple departments
• Ability to manage highly changeable calendars with tact and diplomacy
• Extremely well-organized and strong attention to detail
• Professional and positive attitude; team player who works effectively with others
• Ability to learn new skills quickly
• Good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of assignments
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly flexible and motivated, with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting, maintaining superior judgment, discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Problem solver -- able to work effectively, collaboratively and cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley.
Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming. At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.